Monday, June 21, 2010

Cancer Update

The good news is that the scans show that the cancer has not spread in my body.  The plan is to have surgery Wednesday to remove the cancer from my left knee.  After surgery and healing, I will start radiation.  I have to return to the MD every 3 months for a MRI of my knee and chest CT.  After 2 years of check-ups every 3 months, I can start going to the MD every 6 months for a MRI and CT if the cancer hasn't returned.  The best news......The radiation will not effect any other part of my body.  The MD said I should be able to have as many babies as I want. :)  So, all in all this was a GREAT appointment.  Junior will leave tomorrow to stay with the grandparents while I have surgery/recover.

And a special thanks to two bloggers, Darby and Montye.  Without these two important post, I would have never gone to the doctor.  I read Darby's blog religiously.  When I read her post about Montye, I got nervous and sweaty because I knew I had cancer.  I called mom, and she also read the blog.  My called that week and got me an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon.   God must love blogging too!!http://allthisandmore.typepad.com/allthisandmore/2010/04/sad-news.html & http://www.flythroughourwindow.com/2010/05/her-name-is-montye/

No comments:

Post a Comment