June 2010 was not the best month ever, and I am ready for July to be MUCH BETTER!! Tomorrow I get to leave my mom's house for the first time in 2 weeks to go to my post-op oncologist appointment at UAB. I hope to get my stitches/staples removed and regain some movement. I was determined not to go to the doctor still using the walker, so I have been practicing on my crutches. I have gained some major arm muscles in the past few days. We are going to pack and take all my things that I have at my mom's house because I hope to go to my house after my doctor's appointment. I can get up on my own now and move around the house a little bit, so I think I will be okay at my house during the day and Scott will be at home at night to help me with more difficult things like getting a bath. I hope that I can go back to work this week, but I'm super nervous about being around kids at work while walking on crutches. I know my co-workers will help me get charts and patients to my office, so I may try it if the doctor says I'm good to go. I will learn the pathology results of the tissues and joint that they removed from my knee tomorrow. I pray that the doctor is confident that he got all the cancer and only minimum follow-up will be necessary.
A couple of weeks ago I posted a blog about a cute camera bag by jill-e designs. I have had a lot of internet time the past few weeks, and I've found a bag I like even better. What do you think?? I'm really going to get back to taking more pictures as soon as I get better. It is a little more money that I usually spend, but it is cute enough to use as a purse when I'm not carrying my camera.


No comments:
Post a Comment