Thursday, November 26, 2009

Dana's

My husband's favorite restaurant in the world is a small BBQ joint in Locust Fork, AL called Wayne's. Unfortunately, earlier this year they closed due to tax issues with the owner. Scott was devastated. Really. His mom called a few weeks ago to let us know that a girl who worked at Wayne's, Dana, was opening up the restaurant. The rumor was that she knew all of Wayne's secrets and planned to change nothing except the name of the restaurant to Dana's. Tonight, Scott and I headed out to see if Dana would live up to Scott's expectations. She failed. Scott said the sauce was too peppery/spicy, and he let Dana know. When she asked if everything was okay, Scott told her that his tongue was on fire. She admitted that she got pepper happy on the last batch of sauce. I also added my two cents and told her she needed cheesecake and banana pudding on the menu asap. I'm sure she appreciated our critiques.

I busted out my iPhone to take a picture of Scott. You would think he would know by now that I take random pictures for the blog. You can tell by his "put up your phone and stop embarrassing me" face that he did not want his picture taken.

1 comment: