Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Grandmom


Last weekend, my Grandmom had a stroke and was put in the hospital. She was moved to rehab today, and the doctor's have high expectations for her recovery. She knows exactly what is going on and her mind is great....she just is having a really hard time getting her thoughts out which leaves her frustrated. We can only visit from 4:00-7:00 during the week, so I got upset tonight when I had to leave her by herself. The nurses keep the patients in rehab working hard during the day to get stronger, so they ask family to leave early to let the patients rest. I ask for your prayers for her recovery. I also ask that you pray for my family and I. I never realized how hard it is on a family to care for somebody who needs full time help. I guess in the past I have always been a kid and too young to actively help care for a sick family member. I feel like I am now involved in family decisions regarding her health, and IT'S SO WEIRD!! I keep saying that I hate growing up and having to be an adult. It was so much better when my parents took care of anything, and I didn't know all the details of what was going on. Life is so strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment