Monday, August 3, 2009

Flowers, Barns, and Vacations



My mom gave me a gorgeous hydrangea plant for Easter. When I planted it, the blooms were pink like in the picture above. Well, it didn't take too long for the plant to turn completely black. I was positive that it was dead for good, but it is back and more beautiful than ever!! It is now a light purple, blue color. The plan is to have a huge bush next year. I hope to keep fresh hydrangeas in the guest bedroom and use the flowers for upcoming showers. By the way, my friends need to have babies or get married because I have zero showers to plan. :( No pressure.




The pictures above are of a huge red barn turned into a place that has country music and family dances every Saturday night. The barn is only about 15 minutes from our house. I want to go so bad, but the hubs isn't that into it. I'm dying to wear my cowboy boots and line dance. Every Saturday night it is packed. We live in a dry county, so the whole family can go. It reminds me of the movie Sweet Home Alabama and the part where they say, "a baby in a bar". My friend Heather is convinced that it is a place straight out of the movie Hope Floats. I will take pictures if I ever find somebody to go with me. If you think living in a dry county and having a dance barn is country, you should have seen Junior (my yorkie) and I rounding up the cows that got loose yesterday on our walk. Junior would start barking, and they would jump back over the fence. Several baby cows walked with us up and down the road. It was precious.

1 comment:

  1. See I told you that you can find things to blog about!!!! I wish we would have gone to the 'barn dance' the last Saturday night we were there. I completely forgot about it until now though :( !!! Miss you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete